Tuesday, February 26, 2013

FINALLY! "On the Needles"

I finally got my yarn, needles & "learn to knit" book out late last evening!!!  I had to also add my computer to the mix so that I could watch some YouTube videos.

This YouTube video is the one I watched to learn to "cast on" to the needles.
This YouTube video is the one I watched to learn to do the knit stitch.

I cast on 29 stitches for an approximately 7" wide scarf.  I'm going by a pattern on the "My Hand Made Stuff" blog by Moje Rukodelky.

I do hope to finish this scarf during my lifetime...  So far, I'm liking the "knit" stitch, and casting on was a  cinch once I finally "got it."  I had to start over three times to get my tension right, but that wasn't bad since there were only 29 stitches cast on.  I imagine I would have been a bit more annoyed if I had like 60 stitches on there.


Here is what I have so far:




No comments: