Thursday, February 14, 2013

Crazy, Crazy, Crazy Cats!

So, my husband has been playing this video game, and I'd have to say... The man is hooked! Ok, that may sound bad - he will go a year without playing, but when it's a new game... I'll just leave it at that. This evening was really no different. He was wanting to play, but I was watching the news & wasn't ready to be done. So, Mr. Bossypants (not really, actually) says to me "don't you have some sewing to do?" Dang it! LOL.

Here's the thing, though - I DID want to be sewing. I had been thinking all day about how I'm going to be pretty busy until Monday evening and won't have any sewing time, probably until Tuesday, actually. I ended up having a fairly productive few hours! I took a class last Saturday at Fiddlesticks - my favorite lqs. It was the Crazy Cats pattern, by the Buggy Barn. I finished one full cat in class, and parts of two more cats. Well, tonight I managed to finish the other two cats started in class, so now I've got three! They're so super cute! I will try to get photos up soon.






I recommend this pattern. It's a different way of thinking for your typical anal-retentive quilter, but I think that's why I enjoy it so much. I feel a little "free" while working on these blocks.

Nine more to go, plus the flowers. It's officially been added to my UFO list (not because I'm no longer working on it, but because I add ALL unfinished projects to that list).

No comments: