Saturday, January 19, 2013

Meeting Blogger/Quilty Friends...

is SOO fun! I got to meet an "online friend" today. She's both a quilter and blogger, and is amazing at both! She's also a military wife & Mom to an adorable little girl. We've been "friends" for roughly a year & a half now, we've emailed and texted ~ and now we've met in person, ate lunch, swapped "how we met our husband and got engaged" stories, and went quilty shopping together! I'm normally pretty leery to meet online friends in person. I'm not sure why? Maybe it's the loony-lady who came and spent the night about 8 years ago? HaHa! This woman drove me C-R-A-Z-Y ~ so much so that I told her I had to work the next day, got up at 5:30 am and was "out the door" by 7am. She followed me to the freeway, and I high-tailed it home & back to bed! I've also had some really good experiences meeting online quilter friends, but that one just really sticks. You know how they say how it's easier to remember the negative things that happen to us vs. the good things? Maybe that really is true after all. So, anyway... back to today (which is now "yesterday," due to it being after midnight)... Today's meeting was FABULOUS! We went to Ruby Street quilt store, where I proceeded to spend a "little bit" (*wink*) on fabric & a fabulous book, "Making Quilts - the Promise of Joy," by Kathy Doughty. The author uses many fabrics in her quilts, but I do spot Kaffe Fassett fabrics in many of the quilts, which I love. There are several quilts that I'd like to make, but the first is definitely the "Red Centre" quilt, because it happens to be my favorite use of Kaffe fabrics, and I have quite a stack (in use for another quilt called Lollipop Trees," which I've blogged about in the past). So, back to the whole subject of meeting my friend... I had such a great time! I'm glad we were finally able to meet "in person," and I'm glad that I accidentally left my shoes there (long story short - I got a tattoo recently and am wearing slippers during the healing time... wore slippers into & out of her house, but when we went to the quilt store, I wore "real shoes"....) so that now we'll have to get together again very soon so I can get my Danskos back! LOL. "M," thank you for opening up my eyes to your world. I look forward to more visits in the future, and more story time, too!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I had such a good time meeting you too!!!! And I'm not upset at all you left your shoes - insurance that we get to go to the other quilt shop in town together :)