Monday, January 14, 2013

Design Wall Monday - January 14, 2013

Happy Birthday to me! I am finally sewing again AND posting on my blog again. YAY! Here is what is up on my design wall. It is 25% of a quilt I'm making to fit our king-size bed. It's going to be a monster! I love the fabrics - they remind me of fall. They're not too feminine, and not to masculine - just perfect. The design is a Disappearing 9-Patch. I've never made one before, and I saw one on the Longarm at my favorite local quilt shop (Fiddlesticks, in Vancouver, Washington) and just knew I had to make one! Turns out that I LOVE making this pattern! There are so many ways to put it together - I look forward to making several more, including baby quilts. Perfect way to showcase certain fabrics, or go completely scrappy.
The top photo is a better color depiction for most colors, but the bottom photo shows how it looks when 25% of the quilt is complete (I'm loving the results so far!). I have a total of nine fabrics for my quilt, with the center block the same for all blocks. Then, the rest of the fabrics are pulled randomly from a basket. My only rule is that I'm not putting the same fabric side-by-side. So, if I pull the same twice in a row, it goes back and I pull again. Hope you like it! Comments/Feedback are welcome. :) Linking up with The Patchwork Times, by the one & only Judy Laquidara!

No comments: