Monday, February 13, 2012

Stash Report ~ Week 7 ~ February 13, 2012

Oh Dang!!

Is it normal that many of my Stash Report blogs start with that phrase? Does anyone else have the same problem? ha!

I went to my Longarm group's monthly meeting on Saturday, thinking my husband and I were going to go tour the new & local Randall Children's Hospital at Legacy Emanuel after I got home. When I called to tell him I was on my way home, we concluded we'd had a miscommunication. He planned to work on school work all day, so I thought "ok, I'll sew all day instead" - I also high-tailed it to a quilt store near our meeting location, which is one I don't visit often (in fact, this is just my 2nd visit there)! What happy quilter needs a better excuse? The shop, River Quilts in Camas, Washington, had one of the most beautiful prints I've ever seen and I just HAD to buy a couple yards!! It's a stunning bird print by Laura Gunn (who also happens to be the daughter of the fabulously eclectic Elinor Peace Bailey), called Wing Song-multi. River Quilts also had fq's on sale for CHEAP, so I bought 7...

Question: How do you count for "used" when you're using it for appliqué pieces? I used a total of about 1 fat quarter for the appliqué pieces, even though not that much fabric was actually "sewn down." I have a Go! cutter, so some of that was covered with fusible and is now in my scrap bin... Grrr... Since the project was a "mug rug," I think I'll just call it "used" at a quarter-yard. I also make, I think, four more blocks for the bed quilt. I'll have to count that another time since I didn't add up that fabric yet.

Used this Week: .25 yards
Used year to Date: 5.5 yards
Added this Week: 3.75 yards
Added Year to Date: 62.889 yards
Net Used for 2012: -57.389 yards (I need to get to work!)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hey at least you are keeping track, I'm not doing that - I can't stand the thought of knowing how much I have and I'm not using. I did put myself on a buying ban for the month of February though and thus far I am holding to it.