Monday, January 30, 2012

Design Wall Monday - January 30, 2012


I woke up before 4am today & was unable to sleep (the story of the past 5 days...), so I finally got up and got to work on my new quilt top! I found the fabrics at Fabric Depot last week, with exception of the black that I found at Fiddlesticks. The center's are 6.5" finished and will all be the same fabric. Then, each block will be framed in either pink, orange, or green "dots," and they'll all have a black frame, too. The blocks will alternate whether the black frame is next to the white square, or on the outside edge. So, with the 3 colors and the alternating black, there will be 6 different blocks total. Was that clear as mud? :)

I went to work today and was asked if I can put in "a lot" of hours this week (up to 40). So, that's definitely going to crunch into my sewing time. But I feel needed, so I'm going to help out. This quilt isn't going anywhere & I should be able to spend short bits of time in the sewing room - enough to keep my heart happy! :)

I hope next weeks design wall photo is FULL of blocks!

1 comment:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Great blocks and great fabric!!